Why would you want to read Charlene Li’s latest book?
- Because of Charlene Li’s style of Leadership : she’s a role model and an Open Leader. She’s the woman leader I picked up to illustrate one of the twelve leadership styles in my series. She naturally embodies the innovator leadership style. You can read more on Charlene Li’s innovator style here.
- Because of her clear and concise concepts, her optimism and her values: Trust and Sharing.
- Because she’s a leader any “ordinary” woman, as well as man, can easily identify with. She’s “extra-ordinary” human.
- Because of another book I recommend, The 2020 Workplace, by Jeanne C. Meister and Karie Willyerd, where Charlene Li is also quoted, in Chapter One Ten Forces Shaping The Future Workplace Now.
“How can companies improve collaboration and knowledge sharing to achieve improved business results? Increasingly they are creating groundswells, a social trend whereby people use technologies to get the things they need from another, rather than from traditional institutions.” Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff
Get yourself a copy of Open Leadership, I bet it will be the next generation of leaders’ bible!
I wish I had done like Bret L. Simmons and asked Charlene Li for a copy of her book in advance, to review it.
He’s written an excellent review in his blog, Positive Organizational Behavior.
I believe Charlene Li will inspire a lot of Leaders to foster Open Leadership, by acting as one the best role models for GenY Women and Men Leaders!
- What could you do to start being an Open Leader ?
- Do you know other leaders who act like Open Leaders and could act as role models?
Hoping you will join the discussion and bring us stories and examples to inspire and help next Generation Women and Men.